Terms & Conditions of Award Entry
Terms and Conditions of Entry:
- Estate Agency Events Ltd (EAE) reserve the right, after consultation with the entrants, to move submissions into a different category where deemed appropriate by EAE.
- All entries must be submitted with payment including VAT. Entries submitted without payment will not be judged.
- Entrants may submit as many individual entries as they wish (in relevant categories).
- Entry to the Estate Agency of the Year Awards 2015 will be taken as permission to publish photographs, descriptions and other particulars of participating companies / entrants.
- In all categories, postal addresses and telephone numbers are required, as the well as the name of the person responsible for your award entry. You agree to this information being shared with our partners to enable the judging process and EAE administration to take place, including the undertaking of independent mystery shopping.
- Please note that the brand/company name as spelt on the entry questionnaire will be the one to which any award is presented. Winners may not use the awards with other brands or companies in the same group.
- The judges’ decision is final and binding, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Refunds and cancellations policy: In the event that an entrant wishes to withdraw an entry, you should notify EAE in writing to Estate Agency Events Ltd, The Chapel, Reigate Road, Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 8RA. Cancellations received on or before 30th July 2015 will be refunded in full. Cancellations received after 30th July and before 30th August 2015 will not be entitled to a refund, but entry may be deferred to the equivalent category in either the Estate Agency of the Year Awards 2016 or the Lettings Agency of the Year Awards 2016. Cancellations received after the 30th August 2015 will be withdrawn from the judging process at the point where notice is received, but cannot be refunded or entry deferred
- ALL submissions must be EMAILED to email@example.com
- No hard copies will be accepted or considered.
- The total word count of Section Two should be no longer than 1500 words\
- Each award submission (questionnaire and supporting materials) should be sent on one email of which total size should not exceed 15mb
- Supporting material should be emailed together with your questionnaire as follows:
(i) Your company logo (Format: EPS (preferred) or JPEG at least 800 pixels wide.)
(ii) Examples of your property particulars & marketing materials – maximum of 3 attachments (JPG or PDF format - try to keep file size to a minimum to allow your entry to be below the 15mb limit)
(iii) You are also allowed up to 3 other images to support your submission – this could be your team, your offices, other marketing material, or anything else you feel appropriate. However please note that within these supporting materials you must include a company photo that sums up your organisation - this image will be used for presentation purposes in the event that you win an award. Images submitted must be JPEGs at least 1280 pixels wide. Other supporting materials should be pdfs or jpgs. Remember - try to keep file size to a minimum to allow your entry to be below the 15mb limit.
- Please note that once you’ve submitted your application, we cannot accept any changes, additions, updates.
- All submissions must be received by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm on Wednesday 30th September 2015.
- All winners will be announced on the 4th December 2015 at the Estate Agency of the Year Awards. No shortlisting will announced in advance.
- Please ensure that both contacts are available for the telephone interview time. You will be advised of a one-hour period that the interview may take place between Monday 19th October and Thursday 12th November. If the telephone contacts are unavailable within the allocated time slot, there is no guarantee that the time can be reallocated and may affect the judging process. The telephone interview will take between 10 and 20 minutes on average.
- All winners must adhere to the terms and conditions of logo usage for their winner’s logos. A copy of these terms and conditions can be found at www.estateagencyevents.com/winnersterms/
Estate Agency Events - Booking terms and conditions
Estate Agency Events (company number 03768013) whose registered address is at The Chapel of Ideas, Reigate Road, Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 8RA (“we”, “us”, “our”). These terms apply each time you book a place at an event organised by us. Please read these terms carefully before placing your order. From time to time, it may be necessary for us to change these terms and conditions. Therefore, we recommend that you look at these terms before each booking.
- To book a place at an event, please complete and submit the booking form on our website.
- There are limited places for each event and places are allocated on a first come first served basis.
- Confirmation of your booking (and place on the course) will be sent to you by email. Your place at the event is not guaranteed until you have received this email.
- The fees for your attendance at the event will be as displayed on the website and may be subject to change up until the point at which you book your place.
- The fees for the event shall be paid by you in full and cleared funds when you place your order. If, in our absolute discretion, we have agreed instead to raise an invoice in relation to the fees, payment must be made by you no later than 10 days after the date of our invoice.
- From time to time we may offer promotions in respect of certain events. Such promotions may be subject to terms and conditions so please ensure you check these. If you wish to benefit from a promotion, please enter the relevant promotional code when placing your order. Only one promotional code can be used per booking and it may not be used in conjunction with any other offer or discount which we offer.
- The intellectual property rights in any materials distributed by us during an event shall be owned exclusive by us or our licensor. You shall only have the right to use such materials to the extent necessary to take part in the event.
- Sometimes we may film our events for the purposes of advertising. If you do not wish to be filmed, please notify us at the time of booking.
- You accept that there may be circumstances in which it is necessary for us to make changes to the content or agenda for an event or the speakers at an event and you shall not be entitled to a refund in such circumstances.
- In the unlikely event that we have to cancel an event and the event cannot be rescheduled or you cannot make the rescheduled date, you shall be entitled to a refund of any fees you have paid for the event.
- We cannot accept any liability or responsibility for any information, opinion, recommendation or material shared, displayed or otherwise distributed at events held by us. You acknowledge that you will be solely responsible for the consequences if you choose to rely on such information, opinion, recommendation or material.
- Except for liability for personal injury or death resulting from our negligence, we shall have no liability however arising out of or in connection with these terms or an event held by us for indirect or consequential loss or damage suffered by you and in any event our entire liability to you for any direct losses you suffer, shall not exceed the amount of the actual fees paid by you to us to attend the event.
- If you are unable to attend an event you have bought a ticket for, you are not entitled to a refund but you can give your ticket to someone else to attend in your place [provided that you notify us of this in advance]
- These terms are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with English law. You and we irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
Event Entry and Cancellation
Estate Agency Events reserves the right to refuse admission to the event to any person, or to require a person already admitted to leave the event, whose conduct or presence is considered to be causing or liable to cause annoyance to other delegates or official sponsors or is otherwise undesirable. Delegates must not engage in any form of activity which may result in any unauthorised commercial association with the event which is to the detriment of the official sponsors and supporters.
Notification of cancellation must be made in writing to: Estate Agency Events Ltd, The Chapel, Reigate Road, Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 8RA
Cancellations received on or before the 1st November 2015 will be entitled to a full refund less a 15% charge for administration.
Cancellations received after the 1st November 2015 will be charged in full.
All Property Academy and Estate Agency Events seminars will be filmed. This will include filming of the speaker and the audience. You may also be asked to be filmed on the day. All footage will be used by Estate Agency Events and the Property Academy for promotional use.
If you do not wish to be filmed, please notify us in advance of the day.
As a ticket holder, your data will be registered on our database and you agree to receive future information from Estate Agency Events and our official sponsors. You can contact us at any time to update your data and how you wish us to contact you.
Suppliers and the Awards
As the awards event is primarily for Estate Agents, the only suppliers to the industry who are guaranteed to attend are our sponsors.
Entering supplier of the year does not guarantee attendance to the event. If there are tickets available these will be limited to a maximum of two.
Estate Agency Events will refuse access to suppliers at their own discretion.
Attending the event or sponsoring has no impact on any supplier winning an award.
1 Important Notice
1.1 These terms apply to your use of the Estate Agency Events website at www.estateagencyevents.com/ (“the website”).
1.3 If you make a booking for an event through our website, please also refer to our Booking Terms and Conditions which can be found here.
1.4 By accessing or using the website you confirm you have read, understood and agree to be legally bound by these terms and our Privacy and Cookies Policies in their entirety each time you access the website. If you do not agree to these terms and the Privacy and Cookies Policies, please do not use the website.
2 Information about us
2.1 This website is operated by the Estate Agency Events (“we”, “us”, “our”). Estate Agency Events is a trading name of Estate Agency Events Ltd which is registered in England and Wales under company number 03768013 and our registered office is at The Chapel of Ideas, Reigate Road, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT22 8RA.
2.2 Our VAT number is 813595421.
3 Use of the website
3.1 You may use this website for lawful purposes only. You must not use the website in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation or which is in any way unlawful or fraudulent.
3.2 You are allowed to access, download and print the materials on this site for your own personal, non-commercial use only.
3.3 You must not:
3.3.1 access or print any or all parts of the website for any commercial purpose;
3.3.2 copy (including storing and downloading), distribute, publish, alter, adapt, create derivative works from, or otherwise use the material on this website, either in whole or in part except as expressly permitted above;
3.3.3 remove any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property notices;
3.3.4 use the website to transmit or procure the sending of any unsolicited or unauthorised spam or advertising material;
3.3.5 seek to interfere or damage the website or its content;
3.3.6 frame, harvest or link to this website or its content or use the material on this website, or any part of it, on any other website or social media platform;
without first obtaining express written consent from us.
4.1 We endeavour to ensure that the material contained on the website is accurate and complete at the date first published. However, we cannot guarantee this and you should recognise that information contained on this website may become out of date over time.
4.2 We reserve the right to alter, remove or update materials and information on the website at any time without notice.
4.3 The website and the information contained in it is provided for your use "as is" without any warranty (whether express or implied) of any kind.
5 availability of the website
5.1 We reserve the right to suspend access to all or part of the website or close it indefinitely without notice. Access may be terminated or suspended either in relation to specific users or to all users.
5.2 To the extent permitted by law we accept no liability if the website becomes either temporarily or permanently unavailable.
5.3 In addition, we do not warrant that the functions or materials on, or accessed from, this website shall be uninterrupted or free from errors.
6 Changes to these terms
6.1 We reserve the right to change these terms at any time without notice.
6.2 It is your responsibility to check the terms regularly in order to be aware of any changes which are made to them.
6.3 By continuing to access this website after the terms have changed, you are agreeing that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the updated terms.
7 Ownership of the website
7.1 We are the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in the website and in the materials which appear on this website. This includes but is not limited to the text, photographs, images, graphics, illustrations, designs, written and other material including the program and code. Our rights include trademarks, copyright, design rights and all other intellectual property rights and all our rights are reserved.
7.2 If you acquire any rights in or to the website or materials on it, you agree to assign those rights, on a worldwide basis, to us and unconditionally and irrevocably to waive all moral rights you may have acquired.
8 viruses and hacking
8.1 We do not warrant that the website, its content or the server(s) that make it available are error or virus free or free of other harmful components or that your use of this website will be uninterrupted. You are accessing this website at your own risk and to the extent permitted by law and subject to clause 11.1 we will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of viruses or other harmful material which you access from this website.
8.2 You are solely responsible for ensuring that you have suitable equipment and security and virus protection in place before using the website.
8.3 You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website, the server on which our website is stored or any server computer or data base connected to our website.
8.4 You must not introduce viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, spyware, adware or other harmful materials to this website which may adversely affect the operation of any computer or program or this website.
9 Linking to and from the website
9.1 This website may contain links to sites operated by third parties. We have not reviewed and do not review such sites and are not responsible for the content of nor accept any liability howsoever arising in respect of any of such sites.
9.2 The presence of links to third party sites is not intended to and shall not constitute a recommendation by us of such sites nor of any advice or information posted on them.
9.3 If you wish to provide a hypertext or other link to or from this website, you will first need to obtain our written consent. We have sole discretion to permit or reject any such requests. Requests should be sent to email@example.com along with the following information:
9.3.1 the URL(s) of the web page(s) from which you are proposing to link to this website; or
9.3.2 the URL(s) of the web page(s) on this website to which you are proposing to link and we will consider your request.
10.1 RSS Feeds
We may provide information on our website via RSS Feeds. This information is provided solely for the convenience of users and we are not responsible for its content.
A Twitter feed has been embedded into the website. This Twitter feed displays tweets placed by the Estate Agency Events and may also include comments made by other Twitter users. Tweets posted by other Twitter users represent the opinion of that individual user only and are not endorsed or verified by us.
11 our liability
11.1 If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for any loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of these terms or our negligence. Loss or damage is foreseeable if they were an obvious consequence of our breach or if they were contemplated by you and us at the time you accepted accessed or used this website and accepted these terms in doing so. We do not accept liability for any loss or damage which was not foreseeable.
11.2 To the extent we may lawfully do so we exclude liability for any implied terms and conditions including those implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
11.3 However, nothing in these terms shall affect our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, nor our liability for fraud or serious misrepresentation, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
11.4 Nothing in these terms affects your legal rights as a consumer. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
12.1 If any of the terms is or becomes invalid or contravenes any law then the remaining provisions shall not be affected.
12.2 It is intended that the website will be used by persons resident in the United Kingdom.
12.3 These Terms are governed by English law. You and we both agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. However, if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are a resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
12.4 No waiver shall constitute a waiver of any other terms. No failure by us to exercise a remedy shall constitute a waiver to subsequently exercise any remedy.
1 IMPORTANT NOTICE
1.1 This website is operated by the Estate Agency Events (“we”, “us”, “our”). Estate Agency Events is a trading name of Estate Agency Events Ltd which is registered in England and Wales under company number 03768013 and our registered office is at The Chapel of Ideas, Reigate Road, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT22 8RA.
1.2 We comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “DPA”).
1.3 For the purposes of the DPA, where relevant we are the data controller.
1.4 Please read the following policy to understand how we may use the personal data you provide or which we collect about you.
1.5 This policy may vary from time to time so please check it regularly.
2 THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
2.1 We may collect the following personal data about you:
2.1.1 personal data you provide if you contact us via our website;
2.1.2 personal data you provide if you contact us (including by telephone) to book tickets to an event we are running or otherwise register, subscribe or request services or products from us;
2.1.3 personal data gathered using cookies (please see our cookies policy);
2.1.4 details of your visits to our website including but not limited to traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data;
2.1.5 information about your computer including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
3 HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
3.1 We may use and process the personal data you provide for the purposes outlined below as well as for any purposes specified at the time of collection:
3.1.1 to book you a place at an event we are running;
3.1.2 to send you information you have requested;
3.1.3 to deal with your enquiries;
3.1.4 where you have submitted any information via our booking page or through registering with us, we may provide your details to selected sponsors and partners to provide you with information (in accordance with clause 3.1.5) about events, goods or services we feel may interest you. Please make it clear when you provide personal data to us, should you not wish to receive such information;
3.1.5 to contact you by telephone, SMS, post and/or email about other events, offers, products, promotions, developments or services of ours which we think may be of interest to you. Please make it clear when you provide personal data to us, should you not wish to receive such information;
3.1.6 to develop, deliver and improve our events, products or services;
3.1.7 to help us develop this website to be more useful to you;
3.1.8 for website user processing research or analysis including to collect statistics, responses to any surveys and questionnaires, traffic patterns and related site information. (We aggregate this data and it does not identify any website users);
3.1.9 for internal purposes for research, analysis, testing, monitoring, customer communication, risk management and administrative purposes; and/or
3.1.10 to send you important notices such as communications about changes to our terms and conditions and policies.
4 DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
4.1 We may disclose the personal data to our selected sponsors and partners to book you tickets to an event we are running or where disclosure is otherwise necessary in connection with an event we are running.
4.2 We may disclose the personal data to our group companies and affiliates or third party data processers who may process data on our behalf to enable us to carry out our usual business practices.
4.3 We may disclose your personal data to third parties in the following circumstances:
4.3.1 to undertake the activities listed above;
4.3.2 to conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process;
4.3.3 to assist in the investigation of suspected illegal or wrongful activity. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
4.3.4 to protect and defend our rights or property;
4.3.5 to deal with any misuse of the website;
4.3.6 to sell, make ready for sale or dispose of our business in whole or in part including to any potential buyer or their advisers; or
5 YOUR RIGHTS
5.1 When you use this website and provide us with your personal data you are agreeing that we may use your personal data for the purposes set out in this policy.
5.2 You have the right to:
5.2.1 request that we stop sending you marketing information;
5.2.2 apply for a copy of the data we hold about you (for which we can charge an administration fee which is currently £10); and
5.2.3 request that we correct or remove any personal data which we hold about you which you believe is inaccurate or out of date.
5.3 You can exercise this right by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6 TRANSFERING PERSONAL DATA OVERSEAS
The data that we collect from you may be stored, transferred and/or processed outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") by suppliers nominated by us. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing and/or processing. You should be aware that countries outside the EEA may not offer the same level of data protection as the United Kingdom, however we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with the DPA.
7 LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
8 HOW USERS CAN CONTACT US
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact the Director at Estate Agency Events, The Chapel of Ideas, Reigate Road, Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 8RA or alternatively email us at email@example.com.
Cookies Policy for the Estate Agency Events Website
This website (www.estateagencyevents.com) is operated by Estate Agency Events (“we”, “us”, “our”).
1 WHAT ARE COOKIES?
1.1 Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device. You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu. For a video about cookies visit: www.google.co.uk/goodtoknow/data-on-the-web/cookies.
1.2 Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
2 WHICH COOKIES ARE USED ON THIS WEBSITE?
2.1 The cookies used on this website have been categorised based on the categories found in the International Chamber of Commerce UK Cookie guide.
2.2 A list of all the cookie types used on this website by category is set out below.
2.2.1 Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, services you have asked for cannot be provided.
2.2.2 Performance cookies
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
2.2.3 Functional cookies
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
2.2.4 Google Analytics
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. For further details visit: http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
3 HOW CAN THE COOKIES BE REMOVED?
3.1 You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your internet browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. For more information about cookies including how to set your internet browser to reject cookies please go to www.allaboutcookies.org.
3.2 To opt out of Google Analytics visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.